Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Rope

Since there aren't any viable pull-up areas in the house, I bought a 3m length of rope. A nice alternative to bars, I'll be able to work the same muscle groups. A slightly awkward scene happened when I bought the item. The owner casually asked me, "Asa ni nimo gamiton dong?" (What are you gonna use this for?), a question to which I took a bit of time to process and answer with a sheepish "Para sa duyan 'nong." (I'll use it for hammock support.).

It's not much of a heavy duty item, and the small circumference immediately gave me rope burns. I guess I'll have to wear gloves to keep that from happening, or find a gripping method that lessens the rope-to-skin friction. My older brother suggested that the rope be inserted through a short PVC pipe which will then act as a grip mechanism.

Hopefully, I'll be able to find time to complete my scheduled set of conditioning sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment